Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wish I still celebrated Tuesday-Boozeday

Here's today outfit: silver "silk" tuxedo tank from Target, black cropped cardigan, black trousers and greay Madden Girl heels (TJ Maxx):
And now onto something that amazed me today... Covering and/or disguising your "flaws" isn't that hard. With the right tricks you can look like a completely different person. Take exhibit A, a very pregnant Natalie Portman out on a walk:

Holy momma - she looks (to me) like she's due a LOT sooner than this summer. But, take a look at her this week at an Oscar's luncheon:

Looking at this photo alone I would never know she was pregnant at all! I am no stylist (but I wish I was) but I think the draping of the dress combined with the empire sash-style belt do wonders to hide the bump. The empire waistline and v-neck draws attention to her chest in a natural way (as opposed to a "Hey, look at my big pregnant boobies" way). Adding the rich, ruby-red accessories also draw the eye away from the mid-section. Heck, I'm not pregnant and I want to rock this outfit. It gets my stamp of approval for sure and given the chance I will put together something similar in the future, perhaps for my birthday?

1 comment:

  1. you're so right about the 2nd picture - she looks totally different. it's what i've been saying since 11th grade - just buy clothes that fit you and you look great! i didn't even need stacy & clinton (i just needed one pair of pants that were too tight and a too short shirt to have the mirror tell me - girl you look stupid)

    ReplyDelete